Jeremy and his wife, Dana, live in Falls City where they are raising their son, two senior dogs, and Alice the cat. His family enjoys fishing, hiking, skiing, growing food, cooking, and cheering on the Green Bay Packers.
Jeremy was appointed to the Polk County Board of Commissioners in August, 2021 and is fortunate to serve with hardworking and experienced colleagues. As commissioner, Jeremy brings thoughtful and collaborative leadership to help move Polk County forward on issues related to economic development, infrastructure, Covid-19 recovery, public safety, housing, and homelessness prevention.
Jeremy served as volunteer Mayor of Falls City from 2017 – 2021 and helped lead many successful projects and community initiatives in the areas of community development and visioning, wastewater infrastructure, city council professional development, and public safety.
He is a founding board director for Falls City Thrives, a local nonprofit focused on downtown revitalization, volunteerism, and community health and wellness. Jeremy serves as board member for several additional nonprofits and committees working in the areas of affordable housing, rural poverty, and transportation.
During his professional career, Jeremy worked in the fields of higher education/workforce development, finance, and music performance. Jeremy graduated from the University of Minnesota Twin-Cities with a degree in philosophy. Up until his appointment to the Board of Commissioners, Jeremy worked as a program manager for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, helping to launch a workforce initiative bringing health professionals and information technology workers to affordable and self-paced online University degrees.
Nonprofits and Foundations
- Board Director, Falls City Thrives
- Board Director, Polk Community Development Corporation
- Community Grants Evaluator, Oregon Community Foundation
- Community Sounding Board Member, Salem Health
- Board Director, Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
- Executive Committee and Board Director, Mid-Willamette Valley Homeless Alliance
- Community Advisory Group Member, Fair Housing Council of Oregon
- Polk County Local Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Polk County Budget Committee
- Grand Ronde Sanitary District Board of Trustees
- Association of Oregon Counties
- Falls City School District Budget Committee
- Falls City Budget Committee
- Falls City Public Works Committee
- Oregon Mayors Association
- Board Member, Polk County Sanction Court
- Special Transportation Fund Advisory Committee, Cherriots
- Board Director, Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments
- Small Town America National Civic Volunteer Award, 2020
- Oregon Mayors Association Leadership Award, 2021
- John Lennon Songwriting Contest finalist, 2000